I can’t believe that it’s already April and I’ve made it thru three whole months of blogging. It’s been fun and at times exhausting and definitely a real experience. I’m not really sure what I’ll do for the next 9 months but hopefully I will come up with something!
One of my followers suggested that at the end of the first three months I should do a list of my top Pinterest ideas. I thought that sounded like fun – it’s hard to believe I’ve already done so many different things. So, here’s my list of my top 5 Favorite Pinerest Projects so far in 2013.
1) Vanity stool in Brooke’s room. This was such a quick yet transformative project and was my introduction to the wonderful world of the staple gun. I felt very powerful when I finished this and am always looking for other things that I can staple – watch for some upcoming projects. Not to mention that it was a no-cost idea. I just used things I already had around the house. Wonderful – definitely in the top 5!
2) Red Velvet Brownies – actually this was suggested by my daughters. Both Brooke and Jordan REALLY like them, I didn’t really eat a lot of them since I was in no sugar/no flour lockdown, but the girls couldn’t stop eating them. They’re easy, quick and look pretty when they’re cut up and put in cute muffin cups. I will have to make these soon now that I can fully enjoy them.
3) Repainted Vanity in the laundry room – I really love this improvement and I have to give a shout-out to Big Daddio because he did a great job on this. He always grumbles a little when he’s doing these things, but he knows what he’s doing and really stepped up to this challenge. Every time I walk in that bathroom it just makes me happy. Kind of amazing what you can do with just a couple of coats of paint.
4) Closet door project – I was proud of this because I actually did the painting. It made such a big difference in the room and it cost almost nothing It was a gamble because I didn’t have any idea how it would turn out, but I knew it was worth the risk! Whenever I walk in that room I’m impressed with my handiwork!
5) This was tough – I had a hard time deciding which would be my last pick. I finally had to go with the Oriental Appetizer Meatballs. They tasted good and looked so cute with the little forks. It was really fun to have something impressive to take as an appetizer to a party and I will definitely be making them again.
So that’s my top five. I hope to have lots of new and interesting projects coming up in the next few months. Thanks for reading!